Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Extended Description and Notes
New York, U.S.A.: Epstein & Carroll, 1961. Book. Very Good. Hardcover. Signed by Author(s). First Edition. 1961 Epstein & Carroll FIRST EDITION ( distributed by Random House) **SIGNED** directly on the title page by both JUSTER & FEIFFER. A solid copy in VG+/G condition.. The deep blue boards with white lettering and illustrations have the merest of wear at the corners and spine ends. Inside the book there is only a very faint inscription at the top of the map page. The unclipped DJ shows a price of $ 3.95 crossed out and penned $ 3.19. I think this is a second state DJ with 5 brief reviews on the rear cover. There is some loss of color along the right edge of the front, some dirt on the rear and chips of color loss but overall a GOOD bright DJ! EXCEEDNGLY RARE WITH BOTH SIGNATURES! **BONUS** Also receive the very charming First Edition of the Dot and the Line 1963 Random House in VG/VG condition..
The Phantom Tollbooth is a children's adventure novel and a modern fairy tale published in 1961, written by Norton Juster and illustrated by Jules Feiffer. It tells the story of a bored young boy named Milo who unexpectedly receives a magic tollbooth one afternoon and, having nothing better to do, drives through. He finds himself in the Kingdom of Wisdom. There he accepts a quest to rescue the princesses of the kingdom, acquires two faithful companions, and has many adventures.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
This is one of my favorite books. It is a VERY funny and clever story about a journey through strange lands. The book is full of puns, wordplay and weirdness.
- Bren-Books.com (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Phantom Tollbooth
- Juster, Norton
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- First Edition
- Epstein & Carroll
- Place of Publication
- New York, U.S.A.
- Date published
- FANTASY FICTION CHILDREN JUVENILE SCIENCE
Terms of Sale
All books guaranteed! Full refunds given when notified within 14 business days.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- second state
- used in book collecting to refer to a first edition, but after some change has been made in the printing, such as a correction,...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Very Good Condition book with a Very Good Condition dust jacket. Very Good Condition indicates a used book that does show some...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]