Mastering the Art of French Cooking
by Beck, Simone; Bertholle, Louisette; Child, Julia
- very good
- Very Good
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking
- Beck, Simone; Bertholle, Louisette; Child, Julia
- Book condition
- second hand - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- Any printing of a book which follows the original edition. By definition, a reprint is not a first edition.
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has... [more]