Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
More than half a million copies of Chickenhawk have been sold since it was first published in 1983. Now with a new afterword by the author and photographs taken by him during the conflict, this straight-from-the-shoulder account tells the electrifying truth about the helicopter war in Vietnam. This is Robert Mason’s astounding personal story of men at war. A veteran of more than one thousand combat missions, Mason gives staggering descriptions that cut to the heart of the combat experience: the fear and belligerence, the quiet insights and raging madness, the lasting friendships and sudden deaththe extreme emotions of a "chickenhawk" in constant danger.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Snowball Bookshop (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Mason, Robert
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good-
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Penguin Books
- Place of Publication
- Middlesex, England
- Date published
- VIETNAMESE CONFLICT 1961 1975 PERSONAL
Terms of Sale
Mastercard, Visa, Discover, Novus, check or money order; Media mail $3.50 and priority $5.00. Oversize and heavy books quoted separately. Overseas shipments and heavier books quoted separately. All dustjackets covered with Demco clear mylar covers. Books returnable within 30 days in same condition with prior approval of bookshop owner.
About the Seller
About Snowball Bookshop
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- Mass Market
- Mass market paperback books, or MMPBs, are printed for large audiences cheaply. This means that they are smaller, usually...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.