Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Charlotte's Web is an award-winning children's novel by acclaimed American author E. B. White. The book was first published October 15th, 1952, by Harper & Brothers, with illustrations by Garth Williams. “Where's Papa going with that Axe?” one of the most famous first lines in children's literature, brings readers right into the story as Fern steps in and adopts Wilbur, a pig deemed unworthy of life because he is “small,” “weak” and a “runt.”. Later, when Wilbur is moved to Fern's uncle's farm and awaiting a certain fate of slaughter at the end of the season, he befriends Charlotte, a wise and unsentimental spider, who spins webs proclaiming Wilbur's value as “Some Pig” and 'Terrific”. Charlotte's Web is one of the best-selling paperbacks of all time. E.B. White rarely signed books, so a signed first edition can run anywhere from a few thousand dollars, to over $25,000.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Nudelman Rare Books
7 day return guarantee for any reason, with full refund including shipping costs, if notification has been made and item has been posted back to us in 7 days after receipt.
About the Seller
About Nudelman Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]