A Vindication of the Rights of Women (Konemann Classics)
by Wollstonecraft, Mary
- very good
2 Copies Available from This Seller
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mary Wollstonecraft (1759 - 1797), born near London, supported herself in her early years as a governess and as a school teacher. The political upheaval in France fired her interest, and she watched closely the events of the Revolution. Her first pamphlet, A Vindication of the Rights of Men (meaning all humanity), published in 1790, served as a spirited rebuttal to Edmund Burke's argument, in his newly published Reflections on the Revolution in France (1790). In that work Burke defended the hereditary principle of succession, the alliance between church and state, and rule by men "of permanent property." In 1792, Wollstonecraft published the highly influential A Vindication of the Rights of Women, advocating equality of the sexes. Her other published works include the novel Mary (1788) and Historical and Moral View of the Origin and Progress of the French Revolution (1794). In 1796, she married the English philosopher and dissenting minister William Godwin. Tragically, she died the next year after giving birth to her daughter, Mary Godwin (who would later become the wife of poet Percy Bysshe Shelley).
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- World of Books Ltd (GB)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- A Vindication of the Rights of Women (Konemann Classics)
- Wollstonecraft, Mary
- Book condition
- second hand - Very Good
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Place of Publication
- New York, Ny, U.s.a
- This edition first published
Terms of Sale
World of Books Ltd
If you are not completely satisfied with your purchase for any reason, simply email email@example.com and we will quickly resolve any issues you may have. If you have any other queries about your order, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. Our goal is to deliver to our customers the best possible service and we hope your experience of dealing with us lives up to our promise. If for whatever reason we fail to meet your expectations then please let us know.
About the Seller
About World of Books Ltd
- Wob: Through Wob, we sell. We provide affordable, preloved books and media to customers all over the world. A book leaves our collection of over seven million titles and begins a new chapter every two seconds, enabling more goods to be reused.
- Ziffit: Through Ziffit, we buy. We give people around the world the opportunity to contribute to the circular economy, earn money and protect the planet, by trading their unwanted books and media.
- Shopiago: Through Shopiago, we help others. By sharing the technology that has grown World of Books Group into the business it is today, we're helping charities increase revenue and reduce waste through re-commerce.