Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Cleveland: The World Publishing Company, 1961. Hardcover. Near Fine. Signed first edition, bound in blue cloth. Near fine in a very good rubbed and nicked black jacket. Inscribed to ffep "for Irene Whittington Fondly - MacKinlay Kantor15 Jan 1966". With laid in ephemera including an inscribed Appreciation of the classical musician Dorsey Whittington by Mackinlay Kantor, dated July 1969. Near Fine 1961
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Modern First Editions Ltd
30 day return guarantee, no quibble with full refund.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2013
Leeds, West Yorkshire
Ask Seller a Question
About Modern First Editions Ltd
Modern First Editions (shortly to rebrand as Christian White Rare Books) buys and sells great books and manuscripts in the best condition we can find them. We love manuscripts, annotated books and association copies. We serve collectors of all ages, means and taste, and have built relationships with libraries and librarians in the UK, the USA and across the world. We all need books!
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A common abbreviation for Front Free EndPaper. Generally, it is the first page of a book and is part of a single sheet that...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]