Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Patrick McGahern Books, Inc. (ABAC) (CA)
- Seller Inventory #
- Seven Years in Tibet.
- HARRER, Heinrich
- Book condition
- Used - /Dust Jacket Included
- New York. E.P. Dutton and Company. 1954.
- TIBET, TRAVEL, JOURNEY, DALI, LAMA
Terms of Sale
Patrick McGahern Books, Inc. (ABAC)
Cash With Order - Visa, MasterCard and Cheques. We try to ship every order within twenty four hours. Professional responsible parcels. Postage and gst (if app.) are extra, at cost. Satisfaction guaranteed. Restocking charge on certain orders. Return condition responsibility of the customer
About the Seller
About Patrick McGahern Books, Inc. (ABAC)
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The double leaves bound into a book at the front and rear after ...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- book club edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the...[more]