Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Tracing his ancestry through six generations - slaves and freedmen, farmers and blacksmiths, lawyers and architects - back to Africa, Alex Haley discovered a sixteen-year-old youth, Kunta Kinte. It was this young man, who had been torn from his homeland and in torment and anguish brought to the slave markets of the New World, who held the key to Haley's deep and distant past. Originally published: Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1976.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Type Punch Matrix (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Haley, Alex
- Book condition
- Used - Near fine
- Quantity available
- Doubleday & Company
- Place of Publication
- Garden City, New York
- Date published
- 20th century,Post-WWII,Books to Film,African American author,African American subject
Terms of Sale
Type Punch Matrix
We work hard to meet our ethical responsibilty to describe our material accurately. All items are guaranteed as described and may be returned for any reason within 10 days. Returns for other reasons are covered under Biblio.com's 30-day return policy. Please notify us before mailing a return.
We guarantee the authenticity of our items. All items are original (meaning not facsimiles or reproductions), first editions (i.e. first printings), unless otherwise noted. TPM is a member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and upholds their Code of Ethics.
All items subject to prior sale. Expedited, overnight, or international shipping, as well as other carriers, may carry additional costs beyond quoted rates. All orders receive tracking information and a direct contact in case of any questions.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please contact us. We prioritize our long-term relationships far above any individual purchase, and we want you to love your item as much as we loved cataloguing it.
About the Seller
About Type Punch Matrix
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- spine label
- The paper or leather descriptive tag attached to the spine of the book, most commonly providing the title and author of the...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]