Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The cover and spine are in excellent condition except for some light shelf wear at the top and bottom of the spine, also at the tip of the upper corner of the front cover and an air bubble crease on the inside front cover..
The back page of the dust jacket is missing. Remaining Dj has some minor tears around edges. It is un-clipped, showing the $12.50 price. There is also a cardboard bookmark from a bookstore in Burlington Vermont.
Tracing his ancestry through six generations - slaves and freedmen, farmers and blacksmiths, lawyers and architects - back to Africa, Alex Haley discovered a sixteen-year-old youth, Kunta Kinte. It was this young man, who had been torn from his homeland and in torment and anguish brought to the slave markets of the New World, who held the key to Haley's deep and distant past. Originally published: Garden City, N.Y. : Doubleday, 1976.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
- 30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About M&J Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]