Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Road is a 2006 novel by American writer Cormac McCarthy. It is a post-apocalyptic tale of a journey taken by a father and his young son over a period of several months, across a landscape blasted by an unnamed cataclysm that destroyed all civilization and, apparently, almost all life on earth. The novel was awarded the 2007 Pulitzer Prize for Fiction and the James Tait Black Memorial Prize for Fiction in 2006.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
It came unannounced, uninvited. Sent to me in a plain box, came a package with some typical care pack items, and one of the most outstanding books I've read in a long time, "The Road", by Cormac McCarthy. My sister sent it because she had heard it was well recieved. Well recieved is an understatement. "The Road" is not simply a book, it's an experience. A post-apocalyptic story of a man and his son, truding through the ashen country, towards the coast in hopes of finding some civilization. Some say "The Road" is just another masterpiece to add to his list of fantastic works. I'm not familiar with all of McCarthy's works, but I can attest that it is an incredibly short list in existence, displaying books that leave you changed for weeks after reading the book. I spoke to many who were not necessarily bold readers and even felt a bit disturbed for a while after finishing the book. For those of us who are bold readers, this is intriguing.
- BookRanger (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Road
- McCarthy, Cormac
- Hardcover. Sewn binding is square and tight. Block and pages are clean and unmarked. Book appears to be unread.
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition stated
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Fiction. Drama. Post-Apocalypse.
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
This is because we do not buy books blindly in mass purchases. All of our books are hand-picked for such qualities as condition, subject matter, scarcity, and overall appeal. On rare occasions, a book's physical condition may fall below our normal standards, due to scarcity of the particular title or edition. In any case, we make every attempt to use only the descriptive terms which accurately depict the particular book offered for sale.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.