Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, Medici, 1925.. FIRST EDITION 1925 (dated on title page), 8vo, 220 x 145 mm, 8¾ x 5½ inches, cream cloth, pink floral frame and vignette, illustrated endpapers, top edges gilt, 108 pages. Mounted coloured frontispiece, title vignette and 15 very pretty mounted colour plates, each with a floral border. Numerous line illustrations in green and orange or green silhouette. About 160 well known nursery rhymes and poems. Minute bump at tail of spine and at lower corner of upper cover, tiny label of Foyle's bookshop on lower corner of front pastedown, pretty fairy bookplate of the 1920s with child's neat name on blank reverse of front endpaper (bookplate slightly spotted, see image), contents very bright and clean, no foxing. A Fine copy in good DUSTWRAPPER (dw: not price clipped, slightly darkened on spine, missing 5 mm (¼") at head of spine, tail of spine and corners slightly worn, 80 mm (3¼") split to upper hinge, now strengthened on reverse with paper strip, still just showing (see image), lower half of upper panel slightly crumpled). MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- RHYMES OF OLD TIMES.
- TARRANT, Margaret (illustrator).:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- London, Medici, 1925.
- nursery rhymes colour plates Margaret Tarrant children's books
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.