Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933.34.
by Burrough, Bryan
- Minor crimp to lower spine, else fine in fine, faintly worn dust jacket with one tiny chip in mylar cover.
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Public Enemies, bestselling author Bryan Burrough strips away the thick layer of myths put out by J. Edgar Hoovers FBI to tell the full storyfor the first timeof the most spectacular crime wave in American history, the two-year battle between the young Hoover and the assortment of criminals who became national icons: John Dillinger, Machine Gun Kelly, Bonnie and Clyde, Baby Face Nelson, Pretty Boy Floyd, and the Barkers. In an epic feat of storytelling and drawing on a remarkable amount of newly available material on all the major figures involved, Burrough reveals a web of interconnections within the vast American underworld and demonstrates how Hoovers G-men overcame their early fumbles to secure the FBIs rise to power.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Embry 151211
- Public Enemies: America's Greatest Crime Wave and the Birth of the FBI, 1933.34.
- Burrough, Bryan
- Book condition
- Used - Minor crimp to lower spine, else fine in fine, faintly worn dust jacket with one tiny chip in mylar cover.
- First edition, first printing.
- Pengin Press, 2004. First edition, first printing.
- Date published
- History, United States, FBI, Organized Crime, True Crime.
Terms of Sale
The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA
All books returnable for any reason within ten days of receipt. Shipping on all heavy or oversize books will be quoted upon inquiry. We do not ship surface overseas.
About the Seller
About The Hermitage Bookshop, Member ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
This Book’s Categories
- History Western History United States History
- Entertainment & Film
- Media & Communication Television Film
- Media & Communication Television Movie Tie-Ins
- Social Sciences Outlaws, Bandits & Criminals True Crime
- Performing Arts Drama & Theatre
- Social Sciences Criminology
- Biography & Essays Biography & Memoirs Celebrity Biography