Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Doubleday, 1996. First edition of Gorbachev's autobiography. Octavo, original half cloth, illustrated. Boldly signed by both Mikhail and Raisa Gorbachev on the title page. Fine in a fine dust jacket. Jacket design by Mario J. Pulice. Laid in is a pamphlet from the book signing in 1996. Rare and desirable signed by both. "A timely reminder of what made Gorbachev so revolutionary back in 1985, these memoirs offer a detailed but readable chronicle of his achievements at the top, with the domestic and foreign policy aspects of perestroika covered, chronologically, in separate sections that comprise two thirds of the book. Highly educated compared with his predecessors, Gorbachev is remarkably fair, even to political enemies like Yeltsin, and it often seems that being too nice was part of his undoing. Especially revealing are the real or perceived limits on his power, at the top, to carry out reforms at home despite his successes in foreign policy" (Library Journal).
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Gorbachev, Mikhail
- Book condition
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Memoirs Mikhail Gorbachev First Edition, Mikhail Gorbachev Autograph, Mikhail Gorbacheve Memoirs Signed First Edition
- Bookseller catalogs
- Biography and Autobiography;
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- is a worn book that has complete text pages (including those with maps or plates) but may lack endpapers, half-title, etc....[more]