Mastering the Art of French Cooking: The Classic Work That Has Changed Forever the Way America Cooks: Two Volume Set (large softcover).
by Julia; Beck, Simone; Bertholle, Louisette Child
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Mastering the Art of French Cooking is a two-volume French cookbook written by American author Julia Child, Simone Beck, and Louisette Bertholle, both of France. Written for the American market, it was published by Alfred A. Knopf in 1961 (Volume 1) and 1970 (Volume 2). Widely credited with bringing French cuisine into the American home, it has since become a standard in the culinary world. Originally, a third volume was planned but Child lost interest in the project as her television career took off and so Simone Beck published separately what would have been the third volume as Simca's Cuisine .
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Brentwood Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Mastering the Art of French Cooking: The Classic Work That Has Changed Forever the Way America Cooks: Two Volume Set (large softcover).
- Julia; Beck, Simone; Bertholle, Louisette Child
- Book condition
- Used, very good
- Quantity available
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Alfred A. Knopf,
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Cooking & Food;
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives mis-described or damaged.
About the Seller
About Brentwood Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]