Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London & Felling-on-Tyne: Walter Scott Pub.. Very Good. Hardcover. No publication date or edition, another copy seen with a 1903 inscription, so circa early 1900's. The Evergreen Library. Has a 1930 inscription, as well as a name written on first endpage. Hardcover has moderate edgewear, corner bumping, light soiling, light spotting to page edges. Top spine edge has a couple small tears and spine is lightly wrinkled. Interior pages are all intact other than a paper split at spine inside front cover, no loose pages. Endpages have light soiling and a few pages have light foxing. B/w frontispiece. Gaskells first published novel of the Lancashire cotton mills, unionism and Chartism ending in the assassination of the mill-owners son. ; 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" Tall; 337 pages .
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Riverwood's Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- MARY BARTON
- Mrs. Gaskell
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Walter Scott Pub.
- Place of Publication
- London & Felling-on-Tyne
- Bookseller catalogs
- Collect - Antiquarian; Fiction - Historical; Collectible - General;
Terms of Sale
NOTES ON SHIPPING:
- U.S. Customers: Airmail options only. Surface mail has been discontinued.Expedited option is Tracked Packet or Expedited Parcel.
- Surface mail and airmail are both still available for (non-U.S.) international orders.
- Our Shipping estimates are based on an average sized book, weighing up to 500 grams (or approx. 18 oz.) and your actual shipping cost may vary. If your book is small or very light (i.e. a small paperback), shipping will be reduced.
- If your order is heavy (over 500 grams) or oversized, we will contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
- Please contact us if you would like an exact quote on shipping.
- Credit card payments can be made directly to our bookshop (please request Dealer Direct payment), or you can pay through Biblio or Paypal.
- RETURNS: Returns accepted within 30 days. A restocking fee may apply.
- Please Note that any shipping time estimates are based on business days only and do not include weekends or statutory holidays.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Riverwood's Books
Riverwood's is an online bookshop, based in Edmonton, Alberta.We carry a wide range of vintage, used & new books, including first editions, signed books, vintage paperbacks, children's vintage, and other out of print titles. You'll also find an excellent selection of reference and non-fiction books covering a variety of topics and interests.If there's a particular title you're looking for, we would be happy to help you track it down.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Common abbreviation for 'published'
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]