by MCMURTRY, LARRY
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Lewisville, Texas, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
Read More: Identifying first editions of Lonesome Dove
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Pat Cramer, Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Lonesome Dove
- MCMURTRY, LARRY
- Book Condition
- Used - N-Fine
- Jacket Condition
- First Edition/First Printing
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Simon & Schuster
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
Terms of Sale
Pat Cramer, Bookseller
I accept cash, checks, money orders and bank cards. International orders paid by check must be made out to a United States bank branch. International orders paid by money order must be a postal money order made out in United States dollars. You can return any book that you purchase from me if you are not satisfied with it.
About the Seller
About Pat Cramer, Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The blurb refers to the commentary that appears on the dust jacket flaps or the rear of the dustjacket. In the case of a...
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Text Block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a book....