by McMurtry, Larry
- Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
An epic story of two retired Texas Rangers on a cattle drive to Montana that is loosely basedon historic events from the 19th century, the original Lonesome Dove story was written to be a screenplay called "The Streets of Laredo.” The 1970s film was to be directed by Peter Bogdanovich, starring John Wayne, James Stewart, and Henry Fonda. However, due to casting issues, the movie was abandoned. Larry McMurtry later turned the Lonesome Dove script into a full-length Pulitzer Prize-winning novel. The novel was later re-adapted to a four-part television miniseries starring Tommy Lee Jones, Robert Duvall, and Robert Urich.
Read more: Identifying first editions of Lonesome Dove
I am 64 years old and have read many books, but this novel takes the cow pie cake--so to speak. I could not put it down--it has consumed my days and nights with the most outstanding writing I have ever read. I almost wanted to scratch the palces he was describing--I felt the rope on my neck--the bug bites--smelled the smells the cowboys smelled--was happy when they were happy and ever so sad when the main characters were either killed or had to make a major decision.
A must read for everyone who says the love to read. This is a novel one must take on their trip to Mars or down an isolated jungle trip. It will keep you company better than anything else you could take with you.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Mossback Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Lonesome Dove
- McMurtry, Larry
- Book condition
- second hand - Near Fine in Near Fine dust jacket
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Simon & Schuster
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- 0671504207, Cattle Drive Novel; Western Movie About Cattle Drive; Western Masterpiece
Terms of Sale
books sent by Media mail @$4.25 first book $3 each book thereafter; average size Air mail @$8.25 within midwest-zone(west-coast zone-$10.50) first book. Heavy books quote for air mail. Books can be returned within 7 days of receipt for any reason but with prior notice given to the seller. Foreign sales need to obtain a quote for postage.
About the Seller
About Mossback Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- first state
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]