The Haunting of Hill House
by Jackson, Shirley
- See description
Cape Coral, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Haunting of Hill House by Shirley Jackson is widely considered one of the best literary ghost stories published during the twentieth century. The novel has been adapted to film twice — in 1963 and again in 1999 — both times under the title The Haunting . The Gothic tale tells the story of socially repressed Eleanor Vance and three others who head to Hill House to partake in an experiment involving paranormal activities.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Cultural Connection
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- The portion of a book cover or cover jacket that folds into the book from front to back. The flap can contain biographical... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]