by Puzo, Mario
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Godfather is a classic crime novel by Mario Puzo, detailing the story of a fictional Mafia family in New York in the 1940s and 1950s. This novel introduced America to the first family of crime fiction - the Corleones, and it remains a classic in American popular culture. Power, greed, and family loyalty all play out in this portrayal of the mafia underworld. Author Mario Puzo wrote the book based on his personal need for the cash advance, and the paperback rights for The Godfather went on to sell for a record $410,000. The mega-blockbuster 1972 film directed by Francis Ford Coppola featured Marlon Brando, Al Pacino, and James Caan, among others.
Read more: Identifying first editions of The Godfather.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Godfather.
- Puzo, Mario
- Book condition
- second hand
- G.P. Putnam's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Godfather Signed First Edition, Mario Puzo Autograph, Mario Puzo signed, The Godfather first edition
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- clamshell box
- A protective box designed for storing and preserving a bound book or loose sheets. A clamshell box is hinged on one side, with... [more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also... [more]
- Good describes the average used and worn book that has all pages or leaves present. Any defects must be noted. (as defined by AB... [more]
- Association copy
- An association copy is a copy of a book which has been signed and inscribed by the author for a personal friend, colleague, or... [more]