Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London, Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1964.. FIRST EDITION SECOND IMPRESSION 1964 (same year as first impression). Drabble has inscribed the title page: "With many thanks Maggie Drabble". No previoius owner inscriptions, top edges very slightly dusty otherwise a Fine crisp clean copy in very good plus DUSTWRAPPER (dw: not price clipped, slightly darkened on spine, very lightly worn on edges, minute nick at top of lower panel with tiny mark of old sellotape on reverse now repaired with archival tape, 10 mm (½") closed tear to lower edge of lower panel, also repaired with archival tape in reverse (see images). MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- THE GARRICK YEAR. Signed.
- DRABBLE, Margaret.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- London, Weidenfeld and Nicolson, 1964.
- MODERN FIRST EDITION NOVEL FICTION
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- price clipped
- When a book is described as price-clipped, it indicates that the portion of the dust jacket flap that has the publisher's...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]