Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Century, 1931. First printing (stated). Hard Cover. Very Good/No Jacket. Yellow decorated cloth boards. Illustrated with 42 photos, mainly by the author. Head/heel of spine bumped and slightly worn. Inside hinge cracked. "Being a desultory and not too serious account of sixteen months of living in Engla nd and peregrinating hither and yon throughout Great Britain."
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Hermit Hill Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Foot-Loose in the British Isles
- Franck, Harry A
- Hard Cover
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- First printing (stated)
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- England, Great Britain, Travel
- Bookseller catalogs
- Europe / European History; Adventure / Exploration / Travel;
Terms of Sale
Hermit Hill Books
Terms: We accept VISA/MasterCard, personal checks, and money orders. We DO NOT accept PayPal. Shipping costs are $3.50 for confirmed media mail and $6 for confirmed priority ($1 for each additional book/volume). Please ask for shipping costs on international orders. Return Policy: Books may be returned for any reason. If you are returning a book, please notify us by phone or by e-mail within 48 hours of receipt of book. Books must be returned within 10 days of receipt and in the same condition as when sold. Please note, shipping charges will be refunded only if we made an error in description.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2004
Ask Seller a Question
About Hermit Hill Books
Hermit Hill Books is a brick-and-mortar store, located in Poultney, Vermont, home of Green Mountain College. We have a large collection of used, out-of-print, collectible books. Our "staff" includes Harriet, a large, friendly white-and-calico cat, and Tucker, a knowledgeable Welsh Corgi. Shop hours are Tuesday - Saturday, 10 a.m. to 5 p.m. Member of the Vermont Antiquarian Booksellers Association (VABA).
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- no publisher's date given
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- In reference to a hinge or a book's binding, means that the glue which holds the opposing leaves has allowed them to separate,...[more]