FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
by Thompson, Hunter S
- Near fine in fine jacket
Silver Spring, Maryland
Standard Delivery: 8 to 15 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas: A Savage Journey to the Heart of the American Dream is a novel by Hunter S. Thompson, illustrated by Ralph Steadman. The book is a roman à clef, rooted in autobiographical incidents. The story follows its protagonist, Raoul Duke, and his attorney, Dr. Gonzo, as they descend on Las Vegas to chase the American Dream through a drug-induced haze. The novel first appeared as a two-part series in Rolling Stone magazine in 1971, was printed as a book the same year, and was later adapted into a film of the same name in 1998 starring Johnny Depp and Benicio del Toro. According to The New York Times, Fear and Loathing "cemented Mr. Thompson's place as a singular presence in American journalism or, as he once called himself, 'a connoisseur of edge work.'"
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Type Punch Matrix (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- FEAR AND LOATHING IN LAS VEGAS
- Thompson, Hunter S
- Book condition
- Used - Near fine in fine jacket
- Quantity available
- First edition
- Random House
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Drug Culture,20th century,Post-WWII
Terms of Sale
Type Punch Matrix
We work hard to meet our ethical responsibility to describe material accurately. All items are guaranteed as described and may be returned for any reason within 30 days. Please notify us before mailing a return.
We guarantee the authenticity of our items. All items are original (meaning not facsimiles or reproductions), first editions (i.e. first printings), unless otherwise noted.
All items subject to prior sale. Expedited, overnight, or international shipping, as well as other carriers, may carry additional costs beyond quoted rates. All orders are packed with great care and receive tracking information, as well as a direct contact in case of any questions.
If for any reason you are dissatisfied with your purchase, please contact us.
About the Seller
About Type Punch Matrix
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]