by Bradbury, Ray; Joe Mugnaini [Illustrator]
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The classic dystopian, anti-censorship novel, plus two short stories "The Playground" and "The Rock Cried Out." A sought-after signed limited edition with a very fitting novelty binding that dares prospective censors, "Just try burning this one!
Fahrenheit 451 (Ballantine Books, 1953) by Ray Bradbury is a dystopian novel that presents a future American society in which the masses are hedonistic and critical thought through reading is outlawed. Written in the early years of the Cold War, the novel is a critique of what Bradbury saw as issues in American society of the era. Bradbury combined two of his early short stories, "The Pedestrian" and "Bright Phoenix," into The Fireman, a novella published in the February 1951 issue of Galaxy Science Fiction. Bradbury's publisher at Ballantine Books then suggested that he expand the work to make into a novel—Fahrenheit 451.
Read more: Identifying first editions of Fahrenheit 451
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Burnside Rare Books, ABAA (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Fahrenheit 451
- Bradbury, Ray; Joe Mugnaini [Illustrator]
- Asbestos Binding
- Book condition
- second hand
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Ballantine Books
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- asbestos binding, Johns-Manville Quinterra, censorship, firefighters
- Bookseller catalogs
Terms of Sale
Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Burnside Rare Books, ABAA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The inside margin of a book, connecting the pages to the joints near the binding.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- The colophon contains information about a book's publisher, the typesetting, printer, and possibly even includes a printer's... [more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]