In Darkest Africa : or the Quest, Rescue, and Retreat of Emin Governor of Equatoria (2 Volumes)
by Stanley, Henry M
- Collectible-Very Good (-)/No Jacket
Long Beach, Washington
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
In Darkest Africa (1890) is Henry M. Stanley’s own account of his last adventure on the African continent. At the turn of that century, the interior of the African continent was largely unknown to the American and European public. With the accounts of great explorers like Stanley, readers became thrilled by stories African expeditions and longed to follow in the footsteps of these explorers. In 1888, Stanley led an expedition to come to the aid of Mehmed Emin Pasha. The two volumes that compose In Darkest Africa; or, The Quest, Rescue, and Retreat of Emin, Governor of Equatoria are his account of what happened.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Independent Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- In Darkest Africa : or the Quest, Rescue, and Retreat of Emin Governor of Equatoria (2 Volumes)
- Stanley, Henry M
- Decorative Cloth
- Book condition
- Used - Collectible-Very Good (-)
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Quantity available
- Charles Scribner's Sons
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- History, adventure, Africa, exploration
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Thank you for shopping with Independent Books. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required. All U.S. orders shipped media mail, unless otherwise requested. We will quote shipping outside the U.S. on a per-sale basis.
About the Seller
About Independent Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]