Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Charlotte's Web is an award-winning children's novel by acclaimed American author E. B. White. The book was first published October 15th, 1952, by Harper & Brothers, with illustrations by Garth Williams. “Where's Papa going with that Axe?” one of the most famous first lines in children's literature, brings readers right into the story as Fern steps in and adopts Wilbur, a pig deemed unworthy of life because he is “small,” “weak” and a “runt.”. Later, when Wilbur is moved to Fern's uncle's farm and awaiting a certain fate of slaughter at the end of the season, he befriends Charlotte, a wise and unsentimental spider, who spins webs proclaiming Wilbur's value as “Some Pig” and 'Terrific”. Charlotte's Web is one of the best-selling paperbacks of all time. E.B. White rarely signed books, so a signed first edition can run anywhere from a few thousand dollars, to over $25,000.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Grendel Books, ABAA/ILAB (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Charlotte's Web.
- WHITE, E. B
- Garth Williams
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Quantity available
- Harper & Brothers,
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- Children's Literature
Terms of Sale
Grendel Books, ABAA/ILAB
Please contact us to reserve books in advance. We will hold books for ten days, pending payment. All orders should be prepaid. Payment may be made by personal check, money order, or PayPal. Institutions can be billed to suit their needs. Massachusetts residents please add 6.25% sales tax. Domestic orders are shipped via the U.S. Postal Service (Priority Mail) starting at $12.00 for the first book. Shipping cost may be slightly higher depending on weight of book and shipping destination. Media Mail shipping rate is also available: $5.00 for the first book and $2.00 for each additional. Overseas orders are billed at cost. Books may be returned within 10 days for whatever reason, provided their condition has not been altered. We request that you notify us in advance of returns.
About the Seller
About Grendel Books, ABAA/ILAB
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...[more]