Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
The Bluest Eye is a 1970 novel by American author Toni Morrison. It is Morrison's first novel, written while Morrison was teaching at Howard University and was raising her two sons on her own. The story is about a year in the life of a young black girl in Lorain, Ohio named Pecola Breedlove. It takes place against the backdrop of America's Midwest as well as in the years following the Great Depression. Brutal in its depictions of racism, incest, and child molestation, The Bluest Eye has remained on the often-challenged and banned books list almost every year since its publication.
Read more: Identifying first editions of The Bluest Eye
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Discover Books (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- The Bluest Eye
- Toni Morrison
- Book condition
- Used - VERY GOOD
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- HarperCollins Distribution Services
- Place of Publication
- London, Uk.
- This edition first published
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
About Discover Books
We think books should achieve their greatest possible purpose: Whether purchased by another reader, donated to help a child acquire the lifelong skill of literacy, or recycled as a new product, it has a story to tell. We let stories live on.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Abrasion or wear to the surface. Usually used in reference to a book's boards or dust-jacket.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]