Argen the Gull, The Secret Islands ; An Exploration, Searchers at the Gulf
by Russell, Franklin (SIGNED x 3)
- near fine
- Near Fine/Very Good
Standard Delivery: 28 to 48 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Anne of Green Gables is the first novel by Canadian author Lucy Maud Montgomery. The story tells of the adventures of Anne Shirley, an 11-year-old orphan girl who is mistakenly sent to Matthew and Marilla Cuthbert, a middle-aged brother and sister who had intended to adopt a boy to help them on their farm in Prince Edward Island. Like many of her contemporaries, Montgomery did not consider submitting her first novel to a Canadian publisher, convinced that a more lucrative deal could be made with an American firm. The novel was completed in 1905, but was rejected by four major American publishing houses, and it was not until 1907 that Montgomery found a publisher. L.C. Page & Co. finally published Anne of Green Gables in 1908. Anne of Green Gables has sold more than 50 million copies and has been translated into more than 30 languages. Following the success of her first novel, Montgomery went on to write seven more books about Anne, following the beloved protagonist through adulthood and motherhood. Several novels in the series have been adapted and made into a successful television miniseries. Montgomery museums, plays, and houses on Prince Edward Island draw international visitors.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
For juveniles? Realy? I am 58 and always liked it. And tears drop on my cheeks every time.
- Lower Beverley Better Books (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Argen the Gull, The Secret Islands ; An Exploration, Searchers at the Gulf
- Russell, Franklin (SIGNED x 3)
- Author ( photography)
- Book condition
- Used - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- First Editions
- McC Lelland & Stewart
- Place of Publication
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾"
Terms of Sale
Lower Beverley Better Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
About Lower Beverley Better Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- fore edge
- The portion of a book that is opposite the spine. That part of a book which faces the wall when shelved in a...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- The lower most portion of the spine when the book is standing vertically.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]