The Age Of Uncertainty.
by Galbraith, John Kenneth
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Boston: Houghton Mifflin Company, 1977. First edition of this work by the famed economist. Octavo, original cloth. Signed by John Kenneth Galbraith on the front free endpage. Fine in a very good dust jacket. Galbraith's ideas often addressed the influence of the potential market power of large corporations (Dunn and Pressman, 2005). He believed that corporations could become price makers, rather than price takers, by weakening the accepted principle of consumer sovereignty (Galbraith, 1970). This, in turn, allowed corporations to efficiently increase the production of their goods if they could achieve the strongest market power.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2012
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
About Raptis Rare Books
Founded by Matthew and Adrienne Raptis, Raptis Rare Books is an antiquarian book firm that specializes in literature, children's books, economics, photo books, signed and inscribed books, and landmark books in all fields. Our business model is simple: we strive to handle books that are in exceptional condition and to provide exceptional customer service. We are proud members of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America (ABAA) and the International League of Antiquarian Booksellers (ILAB) and exhibit at major book fairs in New York, Los Angeles, San Francisco and Boston, as well as other regional fairs.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]