Pelargos Bookstore, MBS
Pelargos Bookstore, MBS specializes in Antiquarian Books, Books On Greece, Miniature Books, Rare Books, Used Books.
Search the inventory of Pelargos Bookstore, MBS
About Pelargos Bookstore, MBS
Treasures for book lovers... Rare Books / Used Books / Out-of-Print Editions / Prints and Maps. You can find us 24/7 at: pelargosbooks.wordpress.com
Biblio Member Since2019
Pelargos Bookstore, MBS
75, Ippokratous Str.Athens 10680 GRC
Terms of sale for Pelargos Bookstore, MBSBooks will be shipped within two business days and are guaranteed to meet their online description or buyer may return the book if seller is notified immediately by email upon receipt of the book that it is not acceptable. We respect the Biblio 30-day return policy. Shipping charges for returns is the responsibility of the buyer and refunds will be made upon receipt of the returned book in the condition it was originally shipped.
Payment Methods Accepted
|Monday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Tuesday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Wednesday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Thursday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Friday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
|Saturday||10:00 AM - 4:00 PM|
Featured Books from Pelargos Bookstore, MBS
Rare Books from Pelargos Bookstore, MBS
Interview with Alexia Polymenopoulou of Pelargos Bookstore, MBS
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- After my graduation from the University of Athens, BA in French Language and Literature, I started working as a librarian in various private libraries. Being excited to deal with old books led me to find a job at Erato Antiquarian Bookstore in Athens, where I was in charge of the french books section. Few years after, I was given the opportunity to open my own bookstore in the heart of Athens, known as Pelargos Bookstore.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- I did my apprenticeship under the guidance of George Papadatos, the owner of the bookstore Erato, who inspired me to develop my knowledge and love for old books.
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- Due to my french studies, I like to deal more with french books. I am also excited handling rare books in greek language, such as first literary illustrated editions. Generally speaking, I love dealing with illustrated children books as well as travel books, particularly of the 19th century related to Greece. Another area that I adore are miniature and mini books.
- What's the most amazing book you've ever sold?
- Homer's Iliad, an edition of 1707, in greek and latin text.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- First of all being a book lover myself, I have the opportunity to communicate and share the same passion with customers. In addition to that, the element of surprise and excitement anytime I touch an old book and try to discover the secrets hidden among the pages. It's a voyage that never ends.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- I am the owner of Pelargos Bookstore, downtown Athens, since 2012.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- Of course! I have my beloved cat, named Kourtina!
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- It is very funny to see the response of customers when they meet my cat, wondering, playing and hiding among the shelves.
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- Erato Bookstore for rare books, Politeia for new editions.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- I am a passionate collector of miniature and mini books and I like reading books about books.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- I love an early 20th century folio edition of Aesop's Fables illustrated by Milo Winter and yes, I do sell it, because I have two copies! I will definitely keep one for myself!
- What one book would you buy if price were no object?
- The first edition of the Antiquities of Athens by Stuart and Revett.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- Alice in Wonderland, The Little Prince, Tao Te Ching.