Tucson, Arizona, USA
Arizona Hobbies specializes in Model Railroad Books, Model Railroad Videos, Narrow Gauge Railroad Books, Railroad Atlases, Railroad Books, Railroad History Books, Railroad Pictorial Books, Scale Modeling Books, Train Videos.
Search the inventory of Arizona Hobbies
About Arizona Hobbies
Arizona Hobbies sells new, used and out-of-print railroad books, train videos, railroad maps and atlases though our Internet Store.Some of the Publishers titles stocked by Arizona Hobbies: Agassiz, Benchmark Publications, Bobs Photos Books, Depot Square Publishing, DeskMap Systems, Evergreen Press, Four Ways West Publications, Golden West Books, Kalmbach Publishing, Morning Sun Books, Oso Publishing, Railroad Avenue Enterprises, Shade Tree Books, Signature Press, South Platte Press, Steam Powered Video, TLC Publishing, Withers Publishing, White River Productions and many smaller publishers.
Featured Books from Arizona Hobbies
Terms of sale for Arizona Hobbies
I reduce shipping for books that weigh less than 1 lb. with packaging. International shipping rates are quoted for a 1 lb. book. International orders that weigh more than 1 lb. will require additional shipping fees.
All books are shipped sealed in plastic to help prevent damage. Sturdy boxes are used often with bubble-wrap and additional padding. Thin titles may ship in a sturdy mailer with cardboard reinforcing. You will not receive 'rounded' books from Arizona Hobbies as you will from Amazon.com with their shoddy packaging.
A a bar code label with USPS a Tracking/Delivery Confirmation number is applied to your shipment. You will be advised of via email of the tracking when your order ships. USPS Media Mail (books, DVDs, CDs, maps) transit time is almost as good as UPS Ground today. Using a bar code label helps move the mail more quickly.
I've only had only six lost and three damaged shipments out of 20,000+ since 1999. This includes International shipments. I use a freight forwarder for International shipments. Canadian shipments bypass the USPS and go directly to Windsor, Ontario via my freight forwarder. It may take up to 2 weeks before Canada Post tracking information is available as we must consolidate orders to forward.
Defective DVDs will be replaced by the same title if available. Since most of my books are in NEW CONDITION and still in the printers plastic shrink-wrap, opened and thumbed through titles become used and a 20 percent re-stocking/used charge will apply plus the shipping costs incurred.
Payment Methods Accepted
Browse Arizona Hobbies by Category
- Aeronaut Books
- Agassiz Publications
- Andover Junction Publications
- Aubrey Publications
- Benchmark Maps
- Benchmark Publications
- Big Jim Video Productions
- Bob's Photo Railroad Books
- Bondcliff Books
- Calvert Systems
- Cam-Tech Publishing
- Canadian Caboose Press
- Carstens Publications
- Center for Railroad Photography and Art
- Central Electric Railfan's Association
- Charles Smiley Presents
- Collectible Railroad Books
- Colorado Railroad Museum
- DeLorme Publishing
- Depot Square Publishing
- DeskMap Systems
- Double Take Productions
- Edson Publications
- Electric Railroaders Association
- Enthusiast Books
- Evergreen Press
- Evergreen Scale Models
- Ferdinand Metz
- Fine Scale Miniatures
- Four Ways West Publications
- George H. Deike
- Golden West Books
- Grenadier Publications
- Heartland Rails
- Hundman Publishing
- J-T Publishing
- John Pechulis Media
- Kachina Press
- Kalmbach Publishing
- KG Productions
- Kratville Publications
- Lockridge Press
- Main Track Media
- Mid-South Media
- Monad Publications
- Morning Sun Books
- Museum of North Idaho
- N&W Historical Society
- Narrow Gauge Preservation Foundation
- New York Central System Historical Society
- NJ International
- North Texas Chapter NRHS
- Northwest Short Line
- Northwestern Pacific Railroad Historical Society
- Old Line Graphics
- Omni Publications
- Operations Special Interest Group
- Oso Publishing
- Outer Station Project
- Pacific Fast Mail
- Pennsylvania Railroad T&H Society
- Pictorial Histories Publishing
- Prairie Works
- Pruett Publishing Company
- Purple Mountain Press
- Quadrant Press
- R Robb Ltd
- Railroad Artifact Preservation Society
- Railroad Avenue Enterprises
- Railroad Explorer
- RD Publications
- Richmond, Fredericksburg & Potomac Historical
- Robert J. Wayner
- Rock Island Lines
- RP CYC Publishing
- RPC Publications
- Santa Fe Railway Historical and Modeling Society
- Shade Tree Books
- Sierra Grande Press
- Signature Press
- Silverlake Images
- Simmons-Boardman Books
- South Platte Press
- Southern Pacific Historical and Technical Society
- St. Alban Media
- Stephan M. Koenig
- Stony Clove and Catskill Mountain Press
- Stonybrook Press
- T. Lee Publications
- The Garbely Publishing Company
- The Railroad Press
- TLC Publishing
- Tom Klinger Publishing
- Tuolumne County Historical Society
- Two Mule Publishing
- Union Pacific Historical Society
- Union Terminal Publications
- University of Nevada Press
- Wayner Publications
- Weekend Chief Publishing
- West Jersey Chapter NRHS
- White River Productions
- William A. Lansing
- William Lansing
- Withers Publishing
Interview with Randy K. Curtin of Arizona Hobbies
- When did you get started in bookselling?
- I have owned two hobby shops in the past that offered hobby books, The Train Station and RCR Hobbies. Since I am now a locomotive engineer, I can keep my interest in book selling with an Internet presence.
- What drew you to bookselling?
- I have a large book collection of my own and I like being a retailer of books. I have an interest in History and Geography and transportation ties together my interests.
- Did you have any mentors in becoming a bookseller?
- What are your specialties as a dealer?
- Transportation titles with an emphasis on Railroads.
- What is your favorite part of being a bookseller?
- Hearing from the customers that my selection of titles is extensive, that their order arrived promptly and was well-packaged and that they were pleased with the whole process.
- Do you have an open storefront or have you in the past?
- Yes, two hobby stores. One in the 1970s and one in the 1980s.
- If so, do/did you have any bookstore pets?
- I had some customers who hung around like pets.
- What is the funniest / strangest / scariest thing that ever happened in your store?
- When one gal asked me if I sold belly dancer 'washers'. Huh? Well, shiny metal washers for the chain/ring around their waist. No, but when you find them, come back and let me see the results!
- What is your favorite bookshop (other than your own)?
- My favorite book selection was at Caboose Hobbies in Denver, Colorado. Unfortunately they are now closed.
- What do you personally like to read? Collect?
- History books on Western Civilization, Transportation titles, history of the Catholic Church and the writings of the Saints.
- What's your favorite book you personally own? Would you sell it, if the price were right?
- Joshua - A Parable for Today. No.
- If you were stranded on a desert island and could bring three books, what would they be?
- The Bible, How to Get Off an Island and How to Cook with Sand.