Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Garden City: Published for The Crime Club, 1932. Octavo, pp. [i-iv] v-vi [vii-viii]  2-312, original decorated black cloth, front and spine panels stamped in yellow, top edge stained yellow, fore-edge untrimmed, bottom edge rough trimmed, yellow endpapers. First edition. Oriental adventure novel set against background of Middle East slave traffic and other nefarious activities of international gang of criminals lead by evil Chinese mastermind. Considered by some to be among Rohmer's best novels. Bleiler (1948), p. 239. Day, p. 19. Hubin (1994), p. 696. Early owner's name and address in ink on front free endpaper. Slight spine lean, a nearly fine copy in about very good pictorial dust jacket with wear and just a bit of shallow chipping along top and bottom edges, red ink on spine panel quite faded, and some internal tape mends. (#152722)
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- L. W. Currey, Inc. (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- YU'AN HEE SEE LAUGHS
- Rohmer, Sax (pseudonym of Arthur S. Ward)
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Published for The Crime Club
- Place of Publication
- Garden City
- Date published
- Adventure Fiction; Mystery & Crime
Terms of Sale
L. W. Currey, Inc.
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2007
Elizabethtown, New York
Ask Seller a Question
About L. W. Currey, Inc.
We buy and sell rare, fine and collectible first edition books, magazines, letters and manuscripts in all fields of popular fiction, with an emphasis on science fiction, fantasy and utopian literature from the earliest times to end of the twentieth century. We are open to the public by appointment only.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A defect in which small pieces are missing from the edges; fraying or small pieces of paper missing the edge of a paperback, or...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]