The Writings of Mark Twain. [Including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer; Adventures of Huckleberry Finn; Innocents Abroad; Life on the Mississippi; A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court; The Prince and the Pauper; A Tramp Abroad].
by Twain, Mark [Samuel L. Clemens]
- See description
Palm Beach, Florida
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This book is merely a personal narrative, and not a pretentious history or a philosophical dissertation. It is a record of several years of variegated vagabondizing, and its object is rather to help the resting reader while away an idle hour than afflict him with metaphysics, or goad him with science. Still, there is information in the volume; information concerning an interesting episode in the history of the Far West, about which no books have been written by persons who were on the ground in person, and saw the happenings of the time with their own eyes.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Raptis Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Writings of Mark Twain. [Including The Adventures of Tom Sawyer; Adventures of Huckleberry Finn; Innocents Abroad; Life on the Mississippi; A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur’s Court; The Prince and the Pauper; A Tramp Abroad].
- Twain, Mark [Samuel L. Clemens]
- Book condition
- Gabriel Wells
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Huckleberry Finn, Mark Twain, Mark Twain Autograph, Writings of Mark Twain Signed Limited Edition
Terms of Sale
Raptis Rare Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed.
About the Seller
About Raptis Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- Very generally, "leaves" refers to the pages of a book, as in the common phrase, "loose-leaf pages." A leaf is a single sheet...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Another of the terms referring to page or book size, octavo refers to a standard printer's sheet folded four times, producing...[more]
- Calf or calf hide is a common form of leather binding. Calf binding is naturally a light brown but there are ways to treat...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]