The Works of Mark Twain. Complete in 25 Volumes. Author's National Edition.
by Twain, Mark
- near fine
- Near Fine/No Jacket
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Harper & Brothers, 1911. Book. Near Fine. Cloth. 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall. This is the Author's National Edition in stamped red cloth ( to resemble a 3/4 leather binding) with gilt lettering and rules to the spine. The Author's National Edition in red cloth was printed on a continuing basis from 1909 to 1916. No dates on the title pages, but copyright dates in this set are: 10--1899, 1-- 1900, 2-- 1901, 4-- 1903, 3-- 1907, 1--1910, and 1--1911. This set is NEAR FINE for 24 of the 25 volumes and VG- for the other.. Gilt on spines is bright and clear. Minimal signs of wear to exterior boards with occasional spotting/rubbing. Spine ends have minimal crimping , and only a spot or two of fraying. Top of page edges are generally moderately dust stained, but bottom page edges are clean, just modestly toned. Interiors are firmly bound, clear, and unmarked ( save for a neat PO signature on title pages of Volumes XVII and XVIII and a bookseller's stamp to the inside front board of Volume XII. Volume XXII is the VG- due to more moderate wear to the outside and one page which was torn but tape repaired with all text intact , otherwise all pages in this and all other volumes as published and secure. Scattered minimal foxing found in the first few pages in most volumes.. The "This is the authorized Uniform Edition of all my books. Mark Twain," facsimile signatures on the backs of the fly leafs are all present as are all the frontispieces.A very attractive set. I will be happy to provide the source of my research upon request so that you might better appreciate the history of how this edition came to be. The twenty-five volumes, in order are: The Innocents Abroad (2 volume set), A Tramp Abroad ( 2 volume Set), Following the Equator ( 2 volume set) Roughing it ( 2 volume set), Life on the Mississippi, The Gilded Age ( 2 volume set) , The Adventures of Tom Sawyer, The Adventures of Huckleberry Finn, Puddin''head Wilson and Those Extraordinary Twins, The Prince and the Pauper, A Connecticut Yankee in King Arthur's Court, Joan of Arc ( 2 volume set), Sketches New and Old, Tom Sawyer Abroad/Tom Sawyer, Detective and Other Stories, etc.,The American Claimant, etc., How To Tell a Story, The Man That Corrupted Hadleyburg and Other Essays and Stories, The $30,000 Bequest and Other Stories, and , finally, Christian Science with Notes Containing Corrections to Date. For such a large set, any overseas or priority shipping will require significant additional charges, please inquire before ordering. Pictures are available upon request. Truly an important piece of American literary history from one of the best..
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Bailey Bonzo Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- The Works of Mark Twain. Complete in 25 Volumes. Author's National Edition.
- Twain, Mark
- Book condition
- second hand - Near Fine
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Harper & Brothers
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- 12mo - over 6¾" - 7¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Bailey Bonzo Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Bailey Bonzo Books
Bailey Bonzo Books....Specializing in collectble First Editions, SIGNED copies, Science Fiction/Fantasy, and RARE copies of all kinds.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback. Also... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original... [more]
- Uniform Edition
- A collection or series of individual volumes of an author's work bound to match with a uniform size and style. Especially common... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]