Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
True UK First Edition / First Printing
**A Lovely Original In Beautiful Condition**
Book Info: Winnie The Pooh, Methuen, London 1926: First Edition / First Printing. The book is bound in the original green cloth covers with nice bright gilt titles and decorations. This book presents beautifully, certainly one of the better examples i have encountered. Clean, bright and fresh covers showing almost no edgewear. The colour is perfect with no marks or blemishes and the spine hasn't darkened so holds it full colour well. The gilt is bright and sharp and overall the book looks lovely not showing a bit of its age. Internally the book is again very good+ with the original beige mapped endpapers as called for (changed to green for all later prints). There are No inscriptions just a faint price in pencil I didn't erase. The pages are pretty much immaculate except for a tear on one page, see photo. All illustrations in beautiful conditon and all gutters and margins tightly bound in. The book correctly shows one date of 1926 to the verso of the title page again showing this to be the true First Edition / First Printing. Beautifully illustrated throughout by E H Shepard. Quite simply a gorgeous book given it is nearly 100 years old and certainly up there as a higher grade example.
Dust jacket in beautiful condition.
The Bear of Very Little Brain and his friends from the Hundred Acre Wood have delighted generations of readers since Winnie-the-Pooh was first published in 1926. Three cheers for Pooh!
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- AZ Rare Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Winnie the Pooh
- A. A. Milne
- E. H. Sheppard
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- Jacket condition
- Very Good
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Methuen & Co, London
- Date published
- First Printing, Original dust jacket
Terms of Sale
AZ Rare Books
About the Seller
About AZ Rare Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]