by DOBSON, AUSTIN
- Moderate Corner Wear/No Jacket
Prairie Village, Kansas
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, London: Dodd, Mead; Sampson, LOw, 1891. Blue paper-covered boards which are a bit soiled, corners rubbed. . Spine creased, sunned and a bit stained. Gilt lettering remains bright. One of 150 copies signed by the author, this being #116. Illustrated throughout. Twelve photogravures including the frontispiece portrait with captioned tissue-guards. 46 additional illustrations and a facsimile of an autographed letter. Wide margins. Crisp and clean throughout. 368pp.. Signed by Author. Limited, Signed Edition. 1/4 White Cloth. Moderate Corner Wear/No Jacket. Small Quarto 10 1/2" x 8".
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Glenn Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- WILLIAM HOGARTH
- DOBSON, AUSTIN
- Book condition
- second hand - Moderate Corner Wear
- Jacket condition
- No Jacket
- Limited, Signed Edition
- Dodd, Mead; Sampson, LOw
- Place of Publication
- New York, London
- Date Published
- Art, English Art, Autograpg
- Bookseller catalogs
- Small Quarto 10 1/2" x 8"
Terms of Sale
All books are subject to prior sale. Books are guaranteed as described and may be returned to us within 10 days with immediate notice of intent to return the item.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2005
Prairie Village, Kansas
Ask Seller a Question
About Glenn Books
We are an antiquarian bookshop established in 1933. We are members of ABAA and ILAB.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp... [more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in... [more]
- Generally refers to minor discoloration or staining.
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the... [more]
- An exact copy of an original work. In books, it refers to a copy or reproduction, as accurate as possible, of an original... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- Damage done to a book cover or dust jacket caused by exposure to direct sunlight. Very strong fluorescent light can cause... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]