Where The Wild Things Are; Story and Pictures by Maurice Sendak
by Sendak, Maurice
- near fine
- Near fine/near fine
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Where the Wild Things Are is a 1963 children's picture book by American writer and illustrator Maurice Sendak, originally published by Harper & Row. The book has been adapted into other media several times, including an animated short, a 1980 opera, and, in 2009, a live-action feature film adaptation. According to HarperCollins, the book has sold over 19 million copies worldwide as of 2008.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
BEST. BOOK. EVER. I have given a copy to every child in my life (family & friends). The imagination given wings and the safety net of a parent's love. Beautifully naughty, captures the joy of childhood and possibilities.
- The First Edition Rare Books, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Where The Wild Things Are; Story and Pictures by Maurice Sendak
- Sendak, Maurice
- Book condition
- Used - Near fine
- Jacket condition
- near fine
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Harper & Row, Publishers
- Place of Publication
- [New York]
- Date published
- Nutshell library, spike jonze, maurice sendak collection
Terms of Sale
The First Edition Rare Books, LLC
- All items may be returned within a reasonable period of time from purchase for a full refund and shipping costs.
- Items lost or damaged during shipping will be refunded by the shipper.
- Please notify us before returning merchandise by email or phone.
- Sales tax will be added to purchase price where applicable and noted on your invoice.
- Deferred billing available upon request.
About the Seller
About The First Edition Rare Books, LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The blurb refers to the commentary that appears on the dust jacket flaps or the rear of the dustjacket. In the case of...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]