Where The Wild Things Are; Story and Pictures by Maurice Sendak
by Sendak, Maurice
- near fine
- Near fine/near fine
Standard Delivery: 2 to 8 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Where the Wild Things Are is a 1963 children's picture book by American writer and illustrator Maurice Sendak, originally published by Harper & Row. The book has been adapted into other media several times, including an animated short, a 1980 opera, and, in 2009, a live-action feature film adaptation. According to HarperCollins, the book has sold over 19 million copies worldwide as of 2008.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
BEST. BOOK. EVER. I have given a copy to every child in my life (family & friends). The imagination given wings and the safety net of a parent's love. Beautifully naughty, captures the joy of childhood and possibilities.
- The First Edition Rare Books, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Where The Wild Things Are; Story and Pictures by Maurice Sendak
- Sendak, Maurice
- Book condition
- Used - Near fine
- Jacket condition
- near fine
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Harper & Row, Publishers
- Place of Publication
- [New York]
- Date published
- Nutshell library, spike jonze, Maurice Sendak collection, first edition Where the Wild Things are, signed Where the Wild things are, first edition Where the wild things are, Where the wild things are dust jacket, signed first edition Sendak
Terms of Sale
The First Edition Rare Books, LLC
- Items lost or damaged during shipping will be refunded by the shipper.
- Please notify us before returning merchandise by email or phone.
- Sales tax will be added to purchase price where applicable and noted on your invoice.
- Deferred billing available upon request.
About the Seller
About The First Edition Rare Books, LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- first state
- used in book collecting to refer to a book from the earliest run of a first edition, generally distinguished by a change in some...[more]
- half title
- The blank front page which appears just prior to the title page, and typically contains only the title of the book, although, at...[more]
- Morocco is a style of leather book binding that is usually made with goatskin, as it is durable and easy to dye. (see also...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- The blurb refers to the commentary that appears on the dust jacket flaps or the rear of the dustjacket. In the case of...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- The term quarto is used to describe a page or book size. A printed sheet is made with four pages of text on each side, and the...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]