Where the Wild Things Are
by Sendak, Maurice
- Publisher's cloth-backed pictorial boards. Near fine, in pictorial dust-jacket (spine toned, small closed tears and edgewear
New York, New York
Standard Delivery: 3 to 6 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Where the Wild Things Are is a 1963 children's picture book by American writer and illustrator Maurice Sendak, originally published by Harper & Row. The book has been adapted into other media several times, including an animated short, a 1980 opera, and, in 2009, a live-action feature film adaptation. According to HarperCollins, the book has sold over 19 million copies worldwide as of 2008.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
BEST. BOOK. EVER. I have given a copy to every child in my life (family & friends). The imagination given wings and the safety net of a parent's love. Beautifully naughty, captures the joy of childhood and possibilities.
- James Cummins Bookseller (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Where the Wild Things Are
- Sendak, Maurice
- Illustrated in color.  pp. 1 vols. Oblong 4to
- Book condition
- Used - Publisher's cloth-backed pictorial boards. Near fine, in pictorial dust-jacket (spine toned, small closed tears and edgewear
- Quantity available
- Early edition
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Children's Books | American | Maurice Sendak
- Bookseller catalogs
- Illustrated Books; Literature;
Terms of Sale
James Cummins Bookseller
All items, as usual, are guaranteed as described and are returnable within 30 days if not as described. Within the United States, all books are shipped UPS unless otherwise requested (please provide a street address). Overseas orders should specify shipping preference. All postage is extra. New clients are requested to send remittance with your orders. Libraries may apply for deferred billing. All New York and New Jersey residents must add the appropriate sales tax. We accept American Express, Master Card, and Visa. All items are subject to prior sale; prices are subject to change.
About the Seller
About James Cummins Bookseller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The page bound on the left side of a book, opposite to the recto page.