Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
London & Glasgow, Collins Clear-Type Press, (1910).. Circa 1910, SMALL format 100 x 72 mm, 4 x 2¾ inches, photographic portrait of the author as frontispiece, standard coloured illustration to title page of queen with lilies and an open book, pages:(174), no pagination although Contents pages gives page numbers for 4 chapters. Bound in original publisher's white card with red title and repeat of coloured title vignette, blue lettered spine, all edges gilt, double page coloured snow scene to endpapers, different front and rear. No inscriptions, prelims and last couple of pages lightly foxed, otherwise a near Fine bright clean copy still in the original plain glassine DUSTWRAPPER (dw: slightly browned and with a touch of wear to head of spine). MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE, FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- UNTO THIS LAST.
- RUSKIN, John.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- London & Glasgow, Collins Clear-Type Press, (1910).
- John Ruskin Art ECONOMICS DECORATIVE ARTS Books Reading Education Social Problems Women Aesthetics
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]