Universes of E.E. Smith
by Bill. Evans
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
This is the definitive concordance to the epic "Lensman" and "Skylark" novels with which the late "Doc" Smith enthralled science fiction readers for so many years. Edward E. Smith stood unchallenged as the inventor and foremost author of science fiction interstellar stories on the grand scale. He was known as the man who opened the Galaxy to science fiction. He wrote The Skylark of Space in 1920, but the vastness of its concepts was so far in advance of the rudimentary science fiction of the time that it was not sold until 1927, to the newly founded Amazing Stories. This comprehensive concordance has entries for characters, places, events, and many other topics in the "Lensman" and "Skylark" novels. The entries range from only a few words for such minor subjects as "X-plosive" to almost six pages for "Kinnison, Kimball." Both scholarly and sprightly, it is intended for those with nostalgic affection for the "space opera" days of science fiction's early youth when intergalactic adventure was brand new. The book includes a bibliography by Al Lewis and black-and-white illustrations by Bjo.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- JMC BOOKS (CA)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Universes of E.E. Smith
- Bill. Evans
- Book condition
- second hand - Fine
- Quantity available
- First paperback edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Advent Publishers
- Place of Publication
- Date Published
- June 1968
Terms of Sale
Prices in Canadian Funds.
Shipping to the United States is 10$ Canadian funds via USPS media mail shipping
Canadian postage fluctuates greatly according to proximity, so email us for an accurate cost of shipping. GST is included in price for Canadian buyers. Returns within 7 days. We do not refund shipping.
All orders are processed promptly. Our goal is to ship your book(s) within 24 hours and notify you when we have done so - we always try to keep you informed. Enjoy your visit!
About the Seller
About JMC BOOKS
vist us at www.jmcbooksonline.com
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Book(s) which are sold at a very deep discount to alleviate publisher overstock. Often, though not always, they have a remainder... [more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects, "new"... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]