Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Paris, L. Westhausser, (1893).. FIRST EDITION inscribed 1893, French text, small 4to, 230 x 185 mm, 9 x 7¼ inches, cloth backed cream covers with chromolitho illustration to upper cover of dog in bath tub and Patapouf in huge bathrobe, 12 text pages, no title page called for, 8 very pretty chromolitho plates (2 by Lizzie Lawson), and sepia illustrations in the text. Patapouf is a 5 year old boy (but looks much younger) learning about life with his brothers and sisters. Head and tail of spine and corners slightly worn, a couple of small pale water stains in margin of upper cover, a couple to lower cover with a few tiny brown marks, first and last pages lightly foxed, inscription to reverse of front endpaper. A very good copy. No copy in Bibliotheque Nationale or WorldCat. MORE IMAGES ATTACHED TO THIS LISTING, ALL ZOOMABLE. FURTHER IMAGES ON REQUEST. POSTAGE AT COST.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Roger Middleton (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- UN GROS PATAPOUF.
- BRETIGNY, GEORGETTE. Chromolithographs.:
- Book condition
- Quantity available
- Place of Publication
- Paris, L. Westhausser, (1893).
- chromolithographie chromolithographs French Childrens book livre d'enfant francais illustre Lizzie Lawson
Terms of Sale
We have been established booksellers for 42 years. We are a postal business only (strictly no callers). We are long-standing members of the P.B.F.A. the largest trade association for antiquarian booksellers in the UK. We wrap all our parcels in new materials and all our books are insured at our expense. Books may be returned if wrongly described, all costs will be met by us. ****PLEASE NOTE: POSTAGE WILL BE CHARGED AT COST, MEANING THAT POSTAGE WILL BE REDUCED ON PARCELS WEIGHING UNDER 1 KILO, AND IT WILL BE INCREASED ON MOST PARCELS WEIGHING MORE THAN 1 KILO****
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
Ask Seller a Question
About Roger Middleton
We are a postal business only, selling rare and antiquarian books on interesting subjects.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Foxing is the age related browning, or brown-yellowish spots, that can occur to book paper over time. When this aging process...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- Worldcat is a collaborative effort produced by OCLC (Online Computer Library Center) and supported and used by 72,000 libraries...[more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has...[more]