'Twixt Land and Sea: Tales, Canterbury Edition, Complete Works, Volume XIX
by Conrad, Joseph
- Very Good+/No Dust Jacket
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Ever since the sun rose I had been looking ahead. The ship glided gently in smooth water. After a sixty days' passage I was anxious to make my landfall, a fertile and beautiful island of the tropics. The more enthusiastic of its inhabitants delight in describing it as the Pearl of the Ocean. Well, let us call it the Pearl. It's a good name. A pearl distilling much sweetness upon the world.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Grimalkin Books (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- 'Twixt Land and Sea: Tales, Canterbury Edition, Complete Works, Volume XIX
- Conrad, Joseph
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- No Dust Jacket
- Doubleday, Page & Co.
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- British Literature, Sea Tales, Nautical Adventures
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel and Geography; British Literature; Women's Literature;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Grimalkin Books is located in Steelton, Pennsylvania, the first town south of Harrisburg. We specialize in older, unusual books and sets, often literary, artistic, or historical. "Grimalkin" is old English for an old gray cat, mainly because the owner, Bob Amsel, is a cat lover. All books subject to prior sale. Payment must be received within 10 days of the order or item will be returned to stock. We accept money orders, bank checks, personal checks (allow time to clear), PayPal or MasterCard/Visa through Biblio's credit card processing service. International orders must be paid in US dollars and can be paid via PayPal, credit card (through ABE), or International Postal Money Order. Your purchase will be carefully packaged to protect it during shipping. Books may not be returned just because the buyer has changed his mind. Only books with actual defects that were not mentioned by the seller in the listing may be returned. Please insure returns for their full value.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- spine label
- The paper or leather descriptive tag attached to the spine of the book, most commonly providing the title and author of the...[more]
- A decorative design or illustration placed at the beginning or end of a ...[more]
- The portion of the book closest to the spine that allows the book to be opened and closed.
- The decorative application of gold or gold coloring to a portion of a book on the spine, edges of the text block, or an inlay in...[more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]