Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York: Duell, Sloan & Pearce. Very Good in Good dust jacket. 1944. First Edition. Hardcover. First Edition. A wartime book. An interviewer asked Caldwell how he began to write a book. Caldwell replied: "I begin with the first sentence. After that things take their own course." Ships same or next business day. Bookplate of noted collector, Rolland Comstock, on front paste-down endpaper. Text block is slightly pulled away from spine head, small bumps on corners and spine ends, light soiling to edges of pages, pages are lightly tanned but clean. Dust jacket protected in archival cover. DJ has edge and shelf wear, 1-inch tear and 1/4-inch piece missing on spine tail, small chips on spine head, 1-inch tears on front corners and top left corner of back cover, 2-inch tear on bottom left corner of back cover, tanning on spine and fore-edges, tape on interior of jacket at stress points. ; 12mo 7" - 7½" tall; 237 pages .
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Good Books In The Woods (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Tragic Ground
- Caldwell, Erskine
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good in Good dust jacket
- First Edition
- Duell, Sloan & Pearce
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
Terms of Sale
Good Books In The Woods
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since: 2010
The Woodlands, Texas
Ask Seller a Question
About Good Books In The Woods
We are an open shop with about 40,000 books. Our specialties are modern first editions and history.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Indicates that the affected part of the book has been impacted in such a way so as to cause a flattening, indention, or light...[more]
- Highly sought after by some collectors, a book plate is an inscribed or decorative device that identifies the owner, or former...[more]
- A duodecimo is a book approximately 7 by 4.5 inches in size, or similar in size to a contemporary mass market paperback....[more]
- The paste-down is the portion of the endpaper that is glued to the inner boards of a hardback book. The paste-down forms an...[more]
- The heel of the spine.
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- shelf wear
- Shelf wear (shelfwear) describes damage caused over time to a book by placing and removing a book from a shelf. This damage is...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]