Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Things Fall Apart is a 1958 English-language novel by Nigerian author Chinua Achebe. It is a staple book in schools throughout Africa and widely read and studied in English-speaking countries around the world. It is seen as the archetypal modern African novel in English, and one of the first African novels written in English to receive global critical acclaim. The title of the novel comes from William Butler Yeats' poem "The Second Coming".
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- The Book Guy, LLC (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Things Fall Apart
- Achebe, Chinua
- Book condition
- Used - Good in poor dust jacket
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Ivan Obolensky
- Date published
- Classic LiteratureNigeria, Africa, Multicultural collectible~ collectible~
- Bookseller catalogs
- Classic Literature;
Terms of Sale
The Book Guy, LLC
About the Seller
About The Book Guy, LLC
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- A book with significant wear and faults. A poor condition book is still a reading copy with the full text still readable. Any...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.