Taste and Technique in Book Collecting
by John Carter
- Fine/Near Fine
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
New York, NY: R.R. Bowker, 1948. Book. Fine. Cloth. 1st Edition. 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall. First edition, matching dates to title and copyright pages. Gray cloth with burgundy lettering to the spine. This copy is FINE in a NEAR FINE, unclipped ( $5.00), Brodart protected DJ. " A Study of recent developments in Great Britain and the United States. Based on the Sandars Lectures in Bibliography given at Cambridge University". Exterior is rich. Lettering is bright. Edges are sharp. Minimal crimping at spine ends. Inside is unmarked, crisp, and tight with minimal toning. DJ is rich and clean with modest rubbing/wear at spine ends, tips, and edges. Lovely and SCARCE in this condition as the true first. .
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Bailey Bonzo Books (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- Taste and Technique in Book Collecting
- John Carter
- Book condition
- second hand - Fine
- Jacket condition
- Near Fine
- 1st Edition
- R.R. Bowker
- Place of Publication
- New York, NY
- Date Published
- 8vo - over 7¾ - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
Bailey Bonzo Books
30 day return guarantee, with full refund including original shipping costs for up to 30 days after delivery if an item arrives misdescribed or damaged.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2020
Ask Seller a Question
About Bailey Bonzo Books
Bailey Bonzo Books....Specializing in collectble First Editions, SIGNED copies, Science Fiction/Fantasy, and RARE copies of all kinds.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- A term often used to indicate a book's new-like condition. Indicates that the hinges are not loosened. A book described as crisp... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf.... [more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in... [more]
- Generally used to refer to a clear plastic cover that is sometimes added to the dustjacket or outside covering of a book. The... [more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a... [more]