Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Jacket design by Warren Chappell. Translated by Stuart Gilbert.
The story of an ordinary man unwittingly drawn into a senseless murder on an Algerian beach. The classic novel of the absurd.
Born in Algeria in 1913, Albert Camus published The Stranger –now one of the most widely read novels of this century–in 1942. Celebrated in intellectual circles, Camus was awarded the Nobel Prize for Literature in 1957. On January 4, 1960, he was killed in a car accident.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- Shop-books.ca (CA)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- The Stranger
- Albert Camus
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good+
- Jacket condition
- Quantity available
- First Edition
- Alfred A. Knopf
- Place of Publication
- New York
- Date published
- Bookseller catalogs
- Modern Literature; First Editions; Philosophy;
Terms of Sale
Shipping rates are based on the weight of the item being up to 1kg (2,2 lbs). I may contact you if the weight and dimensions of the book exceed this standard in order to arrange for additional shipping cost.
I ship using Canada Post and also offer expedited shipping. Please contact me for details.
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....[more]
- A new book is a book previously not circulated to a buyer. Although a new book is typically free of any faults or defects,...[more]
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...[more]