South Carolina At the Brink. Robert McNair and the Politics of Civil Rights. INSCRIBED w/ Letter
by Grose, Philip G
- See description
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
(Columbia) University of South Carolina Press. (2006). 1st ed., 2006. 8vo. xix, 360 pp. Illustrated. Publisher's original navy blue cloth binding. Very warmly INSCRIBED to Bill Starr on the title page by the author. Also laid in is a 10 line Typed Letter Signed from Robert E. McNair (former South Carolina Governor and subject of this book) to Bill Starr on his law firm's letterhead dated September 26, 2006 thanking Starr for coordinating an event for this book at The Carter Center in Atlanta. Bill Starr, author and reviewer, has been at the very forefront for over three decades of advancing Southern Literature, first as Book Review Editor for The State in Columbia, SC for which he wrote hundreds of insightful, intelligent reviews for both emerging as well as established writers, and more recently as the Executive Director of Georgia Center for the Book in Decatur, GA. A wonderful association copy. This is a tight, fine book in a bright, fine DJ.. Inscribed by Author(s). 1st Edition. Hardcover. As New/Dust Jacket Included.
Review this book and you’ll be entered for a chance to win !
(Log In or create an account first!)
- book dealer
- Thomas Dorn ABAA (US)
- Bookseller’s Inventory #
- South Carolina At the Brink. Robert McNair and the Politics of Civil Rights. INSCRIBED w/ Letter
- Grose, Philip G
- Book condition
- second hand
- 1st Edition
- (Columbia) University of South Carolina Press. (2006). 1st ed.
- Date Published
- Bookseller catalogs
- The South;
Terms of Sale
Thomas Dorn ABAA
CALL (770-924-9688) or EMAIL (email@example.com) for credit card purchases or for further information. Payment by check, money order, or for your convenience, we gladly accept VISA, MasterCard & AMEX. Georgia residents please add 7% sales tax. All books fully guaranteed and may be returned within seven days (after notification) for any reason. DIGITAL IMAGES of any book readily available on request.Insured Priority Postage (USA): $6.00 first book, $3.00 each thereafter. Media Mail $4.00 for first book and $2.00 for each thereafter. Overseas orders calculated per order, per requirements. Orders usually ship within 2 business days. Shipping costs are based on books weighing 2.2 LB, or 1 KG. If your book order is heavy or oversized, we may contact you to let you know extra shipping is required.
About the Seller
Biblio.co.uk member since 2005
Ask Seller a Question
About Thomas Dorn ABAA
Member of the Antiquarian Booksellers Association of America and the International Leagure of Antiquarian Booksellers. I specialize in literary first editions, Africa -- exploration, big game hunting, flora & fauna, medical books, foreign literature in english translation, medicine, science, philosophy, and general antiquarian.
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched... [more]
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps... [more]
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- Association copy
- An association copy is a copy of a book which has been signed and inscribed by the author for a personal friend, colleague, or... [more]
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the... [more]
- When a book is described as being inscribed, it indicates that a short note written by the author or a previous owner has been... [more]
- title page
- A page at the front of a book which may contain the title of the book, any subtitles, the authors, contributors, editors, the... [more]