Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
While there have been numerous historical adventure narratives published, this is the first major work to take place in the greatest desert of all. King retraced parts of Captain James Riley's three-month trek through the desert, going for days consuming only camel urine and locusts. The book is rich with the sort of detail one could only get from being on the scene, in the heart of the desert.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Great story about survival on the Sahara in the early 1800s. A great read and educational too. I strongly recommend this for anyone who enjoys adventure. Great for teenagers too.
- Bookfever.com, IOBA (US)
- Seller Inventory #
- SKELETONS ON THE ZAHARA: A True Story of Survival.
- King, Dean
- Book condition
- Used - Fine in glossy illustrated wrappers.
- Little Brown,
- Place of Publication
- New York & Boston:
- Date published
- africa, sahara desert, sailing and ships, captain james riley, arc, uncorrected proof,
- Bookseller catalogs
- Travel And Exploration;
Terms of Sale
Do not hesitate to call us at 1-209-274-6960 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you have any questions or want to confirm availability. We offer discounted media mail shipping on additional books in the same order, FREE gift wrapping upon request. Books are packed carefully, shipped promptly with delivery confirmation and insurance at our expense. We want our customers to be totally satisfied with their purchase and guarantee all of our books to be as described. If for any reason you want to return a book, please contact us within 10 days of receipt of the book. Returned books must be in the same condition as we shipped to you. Reciprocal trade courtesies offered, institutions may request to be invoiced. WANT lists welcomed; we have assisted many collectors and scholars in acquiring books in their area of interest.
About the Seller
About Bookfever.com, IOBA
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- A book in fine condition exhibits no flaws. A fine condition book closely approaches As New condition, but may lack the...[more]
- reading copy
- Indicates a book that is perfectly serviceable for reading. It may have a defect or damage. As such, reading copy is not...[more]
- The paper covering on the outside of a paperback. Also see the entry for pictorial wraps, color illustrated coverings for...[more]