Skeletons on the Zahara: A True Story of Survival (Advanced Reading Copy/ARC)
by King, Dean
- very good
Standard Delivery: 7 to 14 days
More Shipping Options
Ask Seller a Question
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
While there have been numerous historical adventure narratives published, this is the first major work to take place in the greatest desert of all. King retraced parts of Captain James Riley's three-month trek through the desert, going for days consuming only camel urine and locusts. The book is rich with the sort of detail one could only get from being on the scene, in the heart of the desert.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
Great story about survival on the Sahara in the early 1800s. A great read and educational too. I strongly recommend this for anyone who enjoys adventure. Great for teenagers too.
- gigabooks (US)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Skeletons on the Zahara: A True Story of Survival (Advanced Reading Copy/ARC)
- King, Dean
- Book condition
- Used - Very Good
- First Edition
- ISBN 10
- ISBN 13
- Little Brown & Co
- Place of Publication
- Boston, Massachusetts, U.s.a.
- Date published
Terms of Sale
About the Seller
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- First Edition
- In book collecting, the first edition is the earliest published form of a book. A book may have more than one first edition in...[more]
- Very Good condition can describe a used book that does show some small signs of wear - but no tears - on either binding or...[more]
- reading copy
- Indicates a book that is perfectly serviceable for reading. It may have a defect or damage. As such, reading copy is not...[more]
- trade paperback
- Used to indicate any paperback book that is larger than a mass-market paperback and is often more similar in size to a hardcover...[more]