Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
Review this book and you'll be entered for a chance to win $50!
(Log-in or create an account first!)
- YesterYear Books (GB)
- Bookseller Inventory #
- Seven Years in Tibet (SIGNED COPY)
- Harrer, Heinrich
- Book condition
- Used - Good +
- Jacket condition
- Fifth Impression
- Rupert Hart-Davis
- Place of Publication
- Date published
- .jpg DALAI-LAMA
- Bookseller catalogs
- Signed Copies;
- 8vo - over 7¾" - 9¾" tall
Terms of Sale
We accept Visa/Mastercard/Switch/Delta/Solo. PayPal payment also accepted. UK customers may pay by £ Sterling cheque payable to YesterYear Books or postal order. We also accept international money orders in £ Sterling. If you prefer not to pay for your order online just give us a ring. We will be happy to take your order and answer any questions you have over the phone. We are open all day and early evenings - 7 days a week - if we are out buying please leave a message on our answerphone and we will get back to you. We are full time bookdealers. We pride ourselves on processing, packing and posting all orders in between 2-18 hours from the time of order during weekdays. We offer a no-quibble returns policy and returns are accepted within 7 days of receipt and the cost of the goods will be refunded. Return shipping will be refunded if the goods are not as described or if the wrong goods were sent, otherwise the cost of the return will be at the buyer's expense. We would appreciate it if you contact us before returning.
About the Seller
About YesterYear Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- text block
- Most simply the inside pages of a book. More precisely, the block of paper formed by the cut and stacked pages of a...[more]
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...[more]
- Minor wear resulting from a book being place on, and taken from a bookshelf, especially along the bottom edge.
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...[more]
- Also known as book jacket, dust cover, or dust wrapper, a dust jacket is a protective and decorative cover for a book that is...[more]