Seven Years in Tibet
by Heinrich Harrer
- Very Good++/Very Good+
Wyomissing, Pennsylvania, United States
Payment Methods Accepted
About This Item
Seven Years in Tibet is an autobiography written by Austrian mountaineer Heinrich Harrer based on his real life experiences in Tibet between 1944 and 1951. The story takes place during the Second World War and the interim period before the Communist Chinese People's Liberation Army moved into Tibet in 1950. It narrates the true story of an Austrian prisoner of war who successfully escaped his British captors in India in 1944 on the third attempt. His escape route led him across Tibet. In 1943, Heinrich Harrer, escaped captivity and made his way through the Himalayan passes to the Forbidden City of Lhasa in Tibet and finally lived for years in Lhasa becoming a tutor to the Dalai Lama. Seven Years in Tibet was first published in Germany before being acquired by Dutton.
(Log in or Create an Account first!)
- Glenn David Books (US)
- Bookseller's Inventory #
- Seven Years in Tibet
- Heinrich Harrer
- Book Condition
- Used - Very Good++
- Jacket Condition
- Very Good+
- Quantity Available
- Book Club Edition
- E. P. Dutton and Co.
- Date Published
- 0.00 lbs
Terms of Sale
Glenn David Books
About the Seller
About Glenn David Books
Some terminology that may be used in this description includes:
- Book Club Edition
- A generic term denoting a book which was produced or distributed by one of any number of book club organizations. Usually the...
- The collective of the top, fore and bottom edges of the text block of the book, being that part of the edges of the pages of a...
- A term used to denote a condition a slight grade better than Good.
- Copyright page
- The page in a book that describes the lineage of that book, typically including the book's author, publisher, date of...
- Used to mean that the binding of a book has not been overly loosened by frequent use.
- "Cloth-bound" generally refers to a hardcover book with cloth covering the outside of the book covers. The cloth is stretched...
- Sometimes used as another term for dust jacket, a protective and often decorative wrapper, usually made of paper which wraps...
- The outer portion of a book which covers the actual binding. The spine usually faces outward when a book is placed on a shelf....